Friday, January 9, 2009

One Week Down! Only Fifteen More!

I made it through my first week! Okay, so I didn't really have to do that much this week and that made it really easy to get through. After one whole week though I believe that I can say that it is going to be a great semester. I love the kids in my class! They are so cute and so funny! For those that don't know I am at Whittier Elementary in a first grade classroom. Today in class they were making folders for the work that is going to be given to their parents during parent/teacher conferences and one little boy in my class asked me if I could guess what his picture was that he had drawn on it. My guess was a house on a hill. He soon corrected me "It is I house built on a rock like the wise man. Just like the song!" He then turned the folder over and there was a picture of a house on its side in the sand! It took all I had not to laugh because my teacher who is not a member had a look on her face like what the heck is he talking and about and how does this girl know this song! Anyways I think that this semester is going to be the best! I can't wait to experience more.

5 comments:

lindsay said...

SO FUN! i cant wait for more stories! and i'm sure those little guys absolutely adore you!

Geevz said...

awesome! That's why I love being a teacher. It's way better when you are getting paid though.

Rebecca said...

I can't believe I haven't been checking your blog! I just found out you were student teaching when I was talking to your Grandpa last night! Funny, huh? I'm so happy you're finally in a classroom! I can't wait to hear more stories too.

Photography By Jo said...

That is too cute. I'm glad you are enjoying being a teacher!

Crissylady said...

That's awesome Rhonda, I want to hear more funny stories! Kids can be so fun! I hope you're still doing awesome!